I think Patrice and I must’ve been on the same wavelength, because I went grocery shopping today as well!
I bought a lot of good stuff:
-kale, garlic, onions, potatoes, peppers, avocados, and bananas
-standard milk, eggs, bread (I got multi-grain sandwich thins and whole wheat pitas–I’m going to have homemade falafel sometime this week for dinner)
-pita chips and mutli-grain tortilla chips (I know I’m going to have salty snack cravings and I figured it’s better to satisfy it to prevent myself from binging something else. . . which generally seems to be the case)
I don’t remember what else I bought, but it was all good, normal grocery stuff without snacks (minus the chips).
- Breakfast: a Korean pastry (I wasn’t very hungry and it was very small. Oops.)
- Lunch: Veggie scramble–two eggs, kale, onions, garlic
- Dinner: pork chops (seasoned with a little salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chili powder; seared in pan then baked in oven), sautéed veggies in olive oil (kale, onion, garlic, green beans), and polenta (I did add a little bit of butter and parmesan cheese for added flavor and fat)
- Snacks: Clementines (I think I’ve had like 4 already today)
All meals came with water simply because that’s the only beverage I had other than wine in the apartment.
Today’s Workout: ~60 minutes
- 10 min warm up on elliptical
- 3 sets of 12 reps on three of those leg/glute machines (I don’t know what they’re called)
- 3 sets of 12 reps each of shoulder and arm stuff using free weights
- 3 sets of 12 reps each of squats and lunges with free weights
- About 2 minutes total of core stuff (I need to bump this up)
- 25 minute run
Haha, clearly I don’t know any technical terms for these exercises, but whatevs. Also, I may have gotten a couple disappointed looks/head shakes from a couple of the trainers while I was running because they know I like the treadmill. I get self conscious doing strength training because I’m not very strong and I probably look silly. Right now it’s super busy at the gym–especially today! Holy new year’s resolutions! I need to learn how to tune people out. It’s different from working out at the YMCA where it was usually either empty or filled with people 2-3x my age.
I’d say Day 1 has been pretty successful overall!
It’s super cold out. And windy. And not enough snow. Yuck.