FOR THE PESTO:
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, Cut Into Chunks
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Seeds Removed Then Roughly Chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic, Roughly Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Green Hot Sauce (Tabasco Brand)
- ¼ cups Toasted Pepitas
- 1 pinch Coarse Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
- ½ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
FOR THE TACOS:
- 1 whole Sweet Potato, Cut Into A Medium Dice
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder, Divided
- 2 teaspoons Cumin, Divided
- 2 pinches Coarse Salt And Freshly Ground Pepper
- 1 can 14.5 Oz. Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed.
- ½ teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 8 whole White Corn Tortillas
- ¼ cups Crumbled Queso Fresco
- 1 whole Avocado, Peeled, Pitted, And Diced
- 1 whole Lime (for The Juice)
- ¼ cups Fresh Chopped Cilantro, For Garnish
Preheat your oven to 400 F.
On a rimmed baking sheet toss the diced sweet potato with the oil, 1 teaspoon chili powder, 1 teaspoon cumin, a pinch of coarse salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
In the meantime, toss the Swiss chard, jalapeno, garlic, hot sauce and pepitas into a food processor. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse to combine and blend. With the motor running, pour the oil into the processor in a thin stream, until you reach your desired consistency for pesto. Taste. Yes. Yes.
Toss the black beans into a small sauce pan over medium heat. Season with the remaining cumin, chili powder and garlic salt. Heat the beans for about 5 minutes.
On a small grill or skillet over medium heat, toast the tortillas until you get browning or charred marks on each side.
Layer 2 tortillas onto each serving plate. Then spoon on some beans, followed by some sweet potatoes. Dollop with a good 2 tablespoons of Swiss chard pesto. Sprinkle on some queso fresco, the diced avocado, a good spritz of lime and a few cilantro leaves.